Friday, March 30, 2018

Quick Update!

I wanted to quickly update you guys on what we were able to accomplish today and show you an overview of our schedule for this Saturday. Like I mentioned in my previous blog post, my group and I came together again to do one more mini rehearsal before filming day. We thought our first rehearsal was very helpful, so we decided to go through another practice for our night scenes to make sure we fixed any problems. After playing around with the lights, we found a great way to make sure our background has a yellow lit tone while also lightning our subjects.

Here are a few behind the scenes images from today:


We used a simple desk lamp to brighten up our subjects. Our big LED light was used to light up the background. We placed a yellow binder divider to create the yellow colored tone along with a shower curtain to diffuse the light and avoid shadows. If you see in our pictures, we also created a homemade steadicam with wood and metal pipes along with a microphone boompole that was created with a vacuum stick in order to get closer to our actors.

In regards to our schedule, we have asked our actors to arrive at 1:30 pm in order to start filming by 2:00 pm. My group and I will arrive a few hours before in order to set up all our props and equipment, so we avoid wasting time when they arrive. We calculate that our day scenes will take about 2 hours or so to film. After our first part of filming, we will be taking a lunch break. During this time, my group member, Paloma, will also be taking some photographs of our actors and crew members in order to give them credit on our website. The photos of our actors will also be used for our postcard advertisement. Our second and final part of filming will resume at 6:30 pm and will go until 9:30 pm in order to complete our night scenes. Overall, it’s going to be a long day, but it will be worth it in the end. Editing will definitely begin that Sunday.

All I can say is that my group and I are ready for tomorrow and excited to start shooting our first short film! Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment