Sunday, April 1, 2018

Onto Editing…

We are done filming! Yesterday was such a successful day. We were able to shoot everything we planned along with a few extra scenes that we could add later in editing. Our first scene took a little longer than anticipated because our actors were practicing their lines and we also needed to move around a few equipment, but regardless I think we had such an amazing time hanging out and filming this short film. Something I was really happy about was that we didn’t have any trouble with lighting. That was definitely a fear I had, but because we practiced a few days before, we did not encounter any lighting issues!

Now that we are done filming, it’s onto editing. My group and I have planned to get our short film, website, and postcard edited and ready for next weekend in order to fix anything we may not like for our final project. For our short film, my group and I will be using premiere to edit. I’ve only ever used iMovie for editing, but because my family just bought a subscription to Adobe Premiere, I thought I’d give it a try. I decided to view a quick 16 minute tutorial video that showed me the basic tools to using this editing software.



The editing process is very similar to iMovie, however, accessing the tools and playing around with the effects are a little different. The YouTube video, “Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 - Basic Editing Introduction Tutorial,” basically explained how to cut certain clips, play around with audio, and add text to the video.

Yesterday night, after a long day of filming, I was really excited to start editing our first scene and see how it would work all together. Below is a screenshot of my late night editing process:


Ultimately, I was able to finish the first scene with the help of my brother, an Adobe Premiere pro, and it honestly came out amazing! I am so ready to continue editing our other scenes this week and soon seeing our final product.

See you next time!


Citations:
TechMindBlow. “Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 - Basic Editing Introduction Tutorial.” YouTube, YouTube,12 Sept. 
2012, www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWTHWOY1usU.

No comments:

Post a Comment