Sunday, April 8, 2018

Getting Ahead...

As you all know, this is our final week! It will be be dedicated to fixing any issues with each component, posting three more blogs, and completing a CCR. My group and I are still in the process of finishing the short film as we need to add our title and credits along with the music. For our website, we still need to add most of our photos to the gallery and include all our social media links. Lastly, for our postcard, we just need to add our information and we will be set to go. So, as we are completing these few final details, I thought I would get ahead and start creating an outline for my CCR. Like Mrs. Stoklosa said, our creative critical reflection is just as important as each component within our project, so I want to make sure I spend this week developing my ideas for it. To start off, I reviewed each question we are suppose to answer and made sure I was able to understand each one. The only question that I had trouble understanding was the one regarding branding. Thus, I decided to quickly research what “branding” means again and how I incorporated it in our project. According to an article known as “What Is Branding,” branding is defined as the “process of giving a meaning to specific company, products or services by creating and shaping a brand in consumers’ minds” (“What Is Branding”). The article gave good examples of how it is used in today’s society. For instance, the author explained how specific water bottles, like Fiji, create a sense of “branding” through their packaging, like in the image below:

                                

The companies also create a sense of “branding” through their advertising. Below is a video ad that the company, Fiji, frequently creates in order to remind their consumers who they are and what they offer:


Overall, this article was very helpful in making me realize that my group and I may need to add a few more elements in order for our project to better show our sense of “branding.” Another question I wanted to review was the one asking how our products would engage our audience and how they would be distributed. After looking it over a few times, I think the first part of the question wants us to explain how our short film, website, and postcard will attract our target audience. While, the second question wants to know where our film as well as our postcard and website will be available. Thus, for our postcard, we will most likely be handing those out on the day of the film festivals along with a digital copy on our website. Our short film will be distributed to three film festivals, such as the Miami Film Festival, and will also be available to purchase directly from our site. Overall, our target audience will be able to locate us and follow our projects through our social media and main website.

By getting ahead on my script for the CCR, I can ask all the necessary questions to my teacher beforehand and will be able to have most of my ideas together by the end of the week. This will also allow me to come up with a creative way to film my CCR. I was thinking of doing it like a vlog in where I would be in different locations explaining my project and answering all the four main questions. Thus, I will be creating an outline today in order to start answering the questions this week and completing all of them by, the latest, Thursday.

Wish me luck!


Citations:

Marion. “What Is Branding?” The Branding Journal, 12 Feb. 2018,

FIJIWaterCompany. “FIJI Water TV Commercial: Deep Below.” YouTube, YouTube, 15 Feb. 2015,  
www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLguYiRglZ7_pbRnGePnvOlRwYCBLSzqbn&v=ERbT5zqYEhk.

No comments:

Post a Comment