Saturday, April 7, 2018

Closer than we think...

Yesterday, my class and I had the opportunity, once again, to get together in small groups to discuss our projects. Each person presented a quick preview to what they have completed and asked around for help and suggestions to make it better. For example, our classmate, Isa, wanted us to help her with one of her trailers. After watching it, we were able to give her good feedback about fixing a few details, like making some scenes shorter and working on tighter editing. Overall, our group was really helpful. I was able to present our short film’s website and our idea for the postcard. My classmates mentioned that the images on the site were visually appealing and really makes the audiences curious to what the short film would be about. Furthermore, I also took this chance to ask for their help regarding our title. My group and I are stuck between two titles, either “All Bets Are Off” or “Point of Fools.” Me and Isa really like the second title as it describes a time in where certain individuals where mislead. However, our third group member, Paloma, does not agree with it. I asked my classmates and they really enjoyed both titles, yet it seemed they liked “All Bets Are Off” more. Nevertheless, we will have to make a solid decision by Monday.


I also want to take this moment and talk about our progress regarding our short film. Like I mentioned before, we have been editing this entire past week and it’s been coming along just like we hoped. We still need to add one more scene and edit some minor shots, and then we can move on to sound and adding the yellow color filter to the whole film. Some troubles we have been noticing, however, were that our actors, including me, did not go along with the script and moved around in different ways that affects the continuity of certain scenes. Nevertheless, to fix this, we have been tightening the editing and implementing different shots to make it more interesting as well. For our sound, we still need to add the music and re-record a few lines to make the scenes flow smoother. I have been looking at some music that I would like to include within our dinner scene and at the end with the credits. After recently watching a scene from Whiplash in where the main character goes out on a date, I thought our film could also add some smooth jazz in the background like how Whiplash incorporated in the date scene. It definitely makes it more interesting, but does not take the audiences away from what the characters are talking about. I thought we can then included this at the end of our short film along with the credits as well.


Here’s a song that I really liked and would love to include in our short film. It’s royalty and copyright free, so we can definitely use it:



Overall, I was happy that our classmates and I were able to get together one last time to fix and adjust a few more details before our final due date. My group and I are definitely back on track and feel really good about the components we have created. Like always I'll keep you guys updated with any more exciting news. See you next time!



Citations:
Bugden, Ross. “♩♫ Upbeat Jazz Music ♪♬ - New York, 1924 (Copyright and Royalty Free).” 
YouTube, YouTube, 31 Mar. 2016, www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnPLbKmYCKQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment